On-Demand Computer Scan | Prog Association File

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Thy_Zombie, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thy_Zombie

Thy_Zombie Registered Member

Hey ESET'ers

Just a quick question. I would like an application (a download manager) to "call" and execute the On-Demand Computer Scan module for completed downloads.

I don't seem to be able to locate the necessary ESET application (.exe) file. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Am using Windows x64 bit ESET Smart Security 4. Thanx.

- TZ!

2. Thy_Zombie

Sorry, just to make this request a little more clear...

There is an option in my Download Manager Application ("Perform Virus Check") which allows you to call/execute your Anti-Virus Application when a downloaded file completes.

I need to point it to the relevant ESET application file that runs the "On-Demand Computer Scan" module. Same module that runs when you right click on any file and select "Scan with ESET Smart Security" from the context menu.

Hope this is making sense. Thanx.

- TZ!

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. Thy_Zombie

Thanx Cudni

The ESET Command-Line Scanner will suffice for now. Better to have this up and running, as opposed to nothing. Had to stuff around with the "Arguments" values for a bit, within my download manager app. I did prefer it when I was able to call the GUI Scan module directly, before Smart Security 4. As it launched the On-Demand GUI which gave you the results & actions immediately. To verify now, I have to navigate to the log file generated by command line arguments. It's not too much of a hassle... but still :p

Thanx again, Cudni. Appreciate your response and links.

If anybody else knows of a way to call/execute the ESET On-Demand Cumputer Scan GUI from within external applications, I would love to hear (well, read) from you ;)

- TZ!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is not possible. All you can do is call ecls.exe with the appropriate parameters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.