On-bootup splash screen

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

In most cases I dont see it even if it is enabled. Is it normal? Otherwise it seems that Prevx works flawlessly. It might be that I dont catch the splash screen but I rather tend to think that it doesnt show up at all. My configuration is seen in my signature.
    Any clue?
    Thx,
    pegas

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The splash screen hides itself rather quickly,in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and is semi-transparent. It's meant to be there really just if you're looking for it but otherwise stay out of the way.

It is possible that it is showing the splash screen before your desktop becomes visible but it generally should wait for the user to be able to see it before it starts displaying the information but let me know if it isn't and I'll see what we can do to correct the behavior :)

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK understood :) I tend to think that the splash screen is so quick and thus elusive. I think is rather pity and if I can suggest any improvement I vote for the splash screen to stay for longer period to be caught by eyes, for instance like ESET's splash screen. I think that Prevx should be more proud of its product and should display the splash screen properly. You don't need to be modest :)

4. Saladien

Saladien Registered Member

I think a good security software should work in background and so i think it is right as it is :)
    Just some thinking from my site of the cake :p

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I obviously respect your standpoint but I meant that other vendors better utilize the splash screen to display their name. BTW, in Prevx settings you can always disable the splash screen ;)

6. Mosqu

Mosqu Registered Member

I don't know Vista - but in XP, if I disable the "show desktop-icons" option (right-click on desktop -> arrange icons -> show desktop icons), then no splash screen appears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.