omniquad total security

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by clansman77, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

i downloaded this new personal firewall.has anyone tried this??it looks simple and is very easy to operate .almost similiar to zonealarm.i just installed an" nlited"copy of windows xp for testing purposes on another partition..so iam right now testing all kinda softwares that i can lay my hands on..

it consumes about 23mb ram right now..it has
    -an antispyware module
    -firewall
    -anonymous surfing
    -privacy module

right now playing with it. its very simple ,not at all rule based,and am sure will be a turnoff for the poweruser..might be good for a user who is looking for a za alternative..going to test it at grc..

this is nt free but i think a free firewall only version exists..has anyone tried this?? any info on this one?? :rolleyes:

2. Arup

Arup Guest

It is a Zone Alarm clone, if you like it you might as well give the latest Zone Alarm itself, at least you will have a newer product and resource consumption aside, Zone Alarm does a very commendable job and passes all the leak tests thrown at it. It is not for those who like control, for them Kerio, Jetico and CHX-I rules.

3. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

well it is stealth at grc..and i must admit that it is a zone alarm rip..even the alerts are similiar

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Given the current status and out look for Zone Labs product updates as well as slow response and support, a zone alarm ripoff might be the better choice. ;)

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

lol . I MUST agree there with my winged friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.