Older version of Snagit for free.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rabgary2, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabgary2

rabgary2 Registered Member

Download is fourth one down(SnagIT 7.2.5).

Registration page is here.

2. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Thanks.
    Got it, now I just have to figure out how to use it.:D

3. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I can only see the word 'Trialware' Rab., not Freeware - did I look in the wrong place ?

4. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

5. rabgary2

Edited:I haven't installed it since I use a newer version already.But I went through the registration process and got the key by email.Install then when you run it the first time choose unlock and enter your name and key.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  6. rabgary2

I went ahead and installed just to make sure the process works.Everything went fine and program is fully registered.

Attached Files:

7. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I read on another forum that they give the same serial number for the free version to all the people that download it. I tried that number and it works.
    YW6RC-4YMK6-SZBBD-C2MCW-Q9D96

8. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Anyone know how this older version of Snag-it compares to PrintScreen by Gadwin? It is what I use now.

9. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I haven't used PrintScreen but have used SnagIt for several years. It is one of the best. The only problem was there wasn't a free version available. This free version is version 7 versus the current version 8.

I'd try this version and see what you think. I haven't found a freeware (or even most paid) screen capture utility that is as good as or does as much as snagit.

10. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Does Snagit require a process that runs in the background or can it be started manually?

11. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I did work for me aswell.

Thanks

Kristian

12. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I am a devotee of FastStone Capture (at least for the freeware version... they started charging for it from v5.4 on.) (BTW, did they lower FastStone Capture's price? Seems like it was $29.95 US and now I see it's $19.95 US.) For kicks, I downloaded the free SnagIt deal and loaded it too.

In daily use, my gut feeling is that FastStone is easier to use. It's not that SnagIt can't be setup to run in a simpler mode (it can!) But in general, I just feel FastStone's GUI is more intuitive. From my limited experience (so far), SnagIt will take time for it to feel that way.

That said, SnagIt's editor is (again IMO) superior. Many more effects than what FastStone has on offer.

At this point in time, it looks like I'll probably continue to use FastStone for capturing/basic editing and SnagIt for more detailed editing...

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is the ofer for anyone or just for the people who buy/ subscribe th this UK .Net Magazine?
    When I registered I read something like to use the CD that came bundled with the magazine. I want to be sure that the deal is open for anyone.

Thanks

14. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I'm in the US and not a .Net Magazine subscriber. I had no issues registering (and I did note I was from the US in the drop down box.) I did make sure the SnagIt newsletter box was unticked though...

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Was similar with me, but mentioning of using the bundled CD made me think!

16. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

If you download 7 and then upgrade to 8 do you have to install 7 and then 8 or can 8 be installed by itself? I'm asking because you can get snagit for 29.95 using the prom code 'snug' if your a member of the happy trails computing club http://cybercoyote.org/news/061207.shtml which would mean only 1 install. I hate installing things twice if theres another way around it anyway.

Thanks,

Chris

17. lugnut

lugnut Registered Member

upgraded using the free verison to upgrade with, the cost was only $19.95 and the old version doesn't have to be uninstalled. you can run both versions on same machine as there is some difference between them. newer ver. is far better for me.

18. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Thanks for the tip :)

Does someone know if this version (7.2.5) can capture transparent windows and balloon tips?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.