Old rescue CD any good?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter_41, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter_41

Peter_41 Registered Member

I have to join the many who are unable to get version 826 to Create Bootable Rescue Media. I do, however, have such CDs from prior versions of the product: are they of any use for version 826 with the same computer?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Peter_41

I am not go to be a great help as I have not install #826 [#800 not broken so did try to fix ;) ]

But they did not use to be able to. :doubt: [old not working with new]

Best to just try it and see. o_O

This is the first time I have not updated a build. [only did it to help others with problems]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Peter,

Have you tried booting into Windows "Safe" mode (press F8 as Windows is loading) and creating the boot rescue CD from there? If you've already tried that could you please provide details on when and how it fails.

Yes. The boot rescue CD loads a standalone (Linux based) version of TI at the same build standard as version of TI that created it. However, you should have no problem accessing image files created with build 826.

Regards

4. mareke

mareke Registered Member

You can certainly use old rescue CDs to restore images made by later builds of Acronis. I prefer to use a rescue CD made with build 774 even though I have build 800 installed as the 774 build rescue CD causes no problems whereas some made from later builds do cause problems (error messages and freezing of Acronis). I've always updated Acronis in the past but now believe as TheQuest does that it's better not to fix what ain't broken.

5. Peter_41

Peter_41 Registered Member

Thanks to all for the reassurance - I had no idea how whether or not the boot CDs varied from version to version.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I should warn that we cannot guarantee that the image created with the latest build of Acronis True Image will be restored with the old Acronis Bootable CD though usually there is no problem. There is a compatibility only in one direction, i.e. the image created with old build will be certainly restored with the newer one.

I am sure we can solve the issue with Acronis Bootable CD creation so please describe what happens when you try to do that. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.