Old NOD32 POP3 Email Client Hanging Around...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by David51485, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David51485

David51485 Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently upgraded to Version 2 from Version 1 and for some reason, even though I completely uninstalled NOD32 Version 1, the NOD32 POP3 E-mail Client Scanner comes up at startup and asks to be configured. I have System Mechanic from Iolo and I deleted the old scanner from the start up folder, but it keeps coming back at every boot up.

How do I get rid of this annoying problem?

Thanks,
    -David

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Are you sure that you uninstall complete the nod 1.0?, in most cases isn't necessary uninstall the old version, just install the 2.0 over the previous version.

3. David51485

Yes I uninstalled Version 1 then downloaded and installed Version 2.

Could you please answer my question? How do I get rid of the OLD NOD32 E-mail Client from popping up at startup? I have tried diabling it in System Mechanic's feature ---- in the StartUp Folder. That hasn't worked. How to get rid of this pest?

Thanks,
    -David

4. sig

sig Registered Member

I think perhaps part of the reason you're not getting more responses from other users is perhaps that this is not a problem we've encountered. I don't recall threads on this issue before here either.

Before installing version 2 I shut down all the components of NOD and kept them from loading at start up through their own settings, rebooted to make sure nothing was running, uninstalled and rebooted again before installing the version 2. Perhap the email scanner was still running when you uninstalled NOD, I don't know. But clearly it wasn't completely removed with the uninstall. Normally in such cases with other software it is suggested to reinstall the program and then uninstall taking care to make sure nothing is loaded or running when uninstalling. Outside of that I'm somewhat at a loss to make any other suggestion.

Given it's the holidays and ESET presence here might be more sporadic than usual, if you haven't already emailed ESET support about the problem I would just to get it in the pipeline.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Uninstall Nod and reboot.

Then go to C:\Program Files and remove the ESET folder

Once this is done, reinstall Nod32 v2.0

This should fix your problem, I have come across this once before, and it drove me nuts finding the solution :D

Cheers :D

6. David51485

Thanks for your help, I have done what was instructed and will post back if everything is a-ok.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Should the problem still perist, run regedit, open the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and seek and delete the value named "POP3 scanner" (or something like that) manually.

8. David51485

Thanks to everyone here the problem is fixed. Went into:
    C:\Program Files\Eset and found the .exe that was starting up. Wonder why the Version 1 uninstaller didn't catch it?

9. Craplayer

Craplayer Registered Member

Hija pipples

just as an observation iv'e noticed a lotta pipple who have been installing nod32 ver2 have been having problems IF they uninstall ver1 first. I installed ver2 over ver1 without touching my old installation see below for what it says on nods site in ver2 download section

Uninstalling the currently installed NOD32 version 1 is not necessary – just run the installation package of NOD32 v2, which you have downloaded before (by double-clicking the file downloaded

thats line 3 in a faq explaning how to install over ver1. I've had nil problems and it seems have avoided a lotta problems by doing so. :D just my two cents worth.

Have a nice day :D

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have had the same problem installing over the top of version 1, so no gaurantees either way, and I've installed around 400 copies.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.