Okay, joined the LnS crowd today

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Chuck57, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

After posting with phantom in another thread, I took the plunge. I'm waiting now for my serial number. So far, I've figured out the enhanced rule set and activated it. Everything checks stealthed at pcflanks and I'm happy.

I do have one concern, that might be nothing. I activated yahoo messenger and icq and the firewall did not ask if I wanted to allow either. In fact, neither even showed in the log as being started. Is that normal?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Chuck57

Yea the Application Filtering Layer isn’t Functioning, Please visit http://www.Phant0m-looknstop.com and go-to Miscellaneous / Application Filtering...

btw; welcome to the club :)

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Nice choice chuck
    Do you have a problem with the down load signitures for e Trust also with it being blocked by look n stop . . Will have to ask the amazing phantom to work out the rules to allow this or such as Im useless with these firewall rules.

4. Chuck57

well, solarpower, so far I haven't had anything show up asking me to allow or deny. There's nothing on either side of my application filtering boxes. I have filtering enabled. I'm not sure if application filtering is working. It might have something to do with not having got my registration number yet. There's something in registering that says to enter the number to enable all the features. Might be application sharing is one of the features. I should have the number tomorrow some time.

As for ETrust, I emailed and got a response. It didn't work, so I'll continue to download the updates. It's worth the couple of minutes. I like it.

5. Phant0m

Hey Chuck57

Obviously it’s not working, after 30-Days if you hadn’t registered by then the Application Filtering Layer become non-functional until you do register… But I’m not sure if that’s your case or it’s because of the Driver Loading order that’s explained on my website, due to you using Sygate and whether or not you Uninstalled it properly or you didn’t Uninstall it yet before Installing Look ‘n’ Stop you would experience such anomalies but not only with Look ‘n’ Stop Firewall but really any Software Firewall…

About E-Trust, are you in reference to the Updating System which uses FTP access?
    If it doesn’t provide Passive Mode capabilities then things would be quite horrible, you wouldn’t like making a rule or rule(s) for remotely started FTP Connections on any Software Firewall… ;)

6. Chuck57

Well, duhhhh, forget all of what I said above. SOMEBODY, I won't say who, forgot to remove his other firewall. It was supposedly turned off. This person took it off the machine, now everything seems to be okay.

"Remember children, when the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend."

7. Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.