Ok what to include in my BARTPE?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tempnexus, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Ok I want to make a nice disaster scanning and recovery disk but what should I include in it?
    I want it to be a field disk ala Geek Squad. I am planning on useing a BartPE boot disk and I wonder if anyone has any guides on how to add different software to that bootdisk? and what software should I add in order to clean an infected system.

I have a licenease for TDS-3, BoClean, SpySweeper, Tenebril Spycatcher, Nod32, KAV, McAffee 9 and NOrton Corp.
    So how can I add then to my bart and will it be possible to add them to my bart in order to scan a client's machine without actually installing any of the software. I know that NOd32 can do that which is why I like my nod, I can dump it on my USB key and scan a system from my key but I know that TDs-3 doesn't support an non installed foreign enviroment scan. So what should I do in order for it to work?

Basically what software would you add in an Malware cleanup disk ala BestBuy's Geek Squad?

I would proabably have to use a rewritable in order to keep it current.
  2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Stamford, CT
    Here is what I have on mine currently, mine are all licensed and/or freeware:

TrendMicro's Sysclean
    McAfee Command line scanner
    Also Bart has a GUI Wrapper for a SDAT from McAfee also
    Avast! Trojan Scanner
    (There is a way to get Avast! to work it is called Avast! PE)

7zip just incase
    FileZilla FTP program
    K-Meleon browser (for last minute patches)
    Partition Manager Pro 6 (splurge for the pro license, PE support)
    Ghost 8

3. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Jun 7, 2003
    I also have McAfee Stinger, F-Prot for DOS, HJT, and Killbox... (that's all I can think of at the moment...)
  4. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I like to have an old version of LLPRO Dos available. Purely for DELETING purposes - it can see everything and will delete whatever you tell it to.
  5. MJT

MJT Guest

I use F-Prot,AnVir Personal AV,SpySweeper,NoAdaware,Solo AntiVirus,Virus Chaser(Dr.Web clone) Protector Plus 2000 (just for the fun of it),NOD32 stand alone,PAL Spy Remover,Norton Antivirus Prescan,and Antiy Ghostbusters 4 (AntiTrojan Software)

Its just updating the .iso with up to date virus definitions etc all the time takes a while lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.