Ok what to include in my BARTPE?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tempnexus, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Ok I want to make a nice disaster scanning and recovery disk but what should I include in it?
    I want it to be a field disk ala Geek Squad. I am planning on useing a BartPE boot disk and I wonder if anyone has any guides on how to add different software to that bootdisk? and what software should I add in order to clean an infected system.

I have a licenease for TDS-3, BoClean, SpySweeper, Tenebril Spycatcher, Nod32, KAV, McAffee 9 and NOrton Corp.
    So how can I add then to my bart and will it be possible to add them to my bart in order to scan a client's machine without actually installing any of the software. I know that NOd32 can do that which is why I like my nod, I can dump it on my USB key and scan a system from my key but I know that TDs-3 doesn't support an non installed foreign enviroment scan. So what should I do in order for it to work?

Basically what software would you add in an Malware cleanup disk ala BestBuy's Geek Squad?

I would proabably have to use a rewritable in order to keep it current.

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Here is what I have on mine currently, mine are all licensed and/or freeware:

AV's:
    TrendMicro's Sysclean
    McAfee Command line scanner
    Also Bart has a GUI Wrapper for a SDAT from McAfee also
    Avast! Trojan Scanner
    (There is a way to get Avast! to work it is called Avast! PE)

Utilities:
    7zip just incase
    FileZilla FTP program
    K-Meleon browser (for last minute patches)
    Partition Manager Pro 6 (splurge for the pro license, PE support)
    Ghost 8

HTH

3. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I also have McAfee Stinger, F-Prot for DOS, HJT, and Killbox... (that's all I can think of at the moment...)

4. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

I like to have an old version of LLPRO Dos available. Purely for DELETING purposes - it can see everything and will delete whatever you tell it to.

5. MJT

MJT Guest

I use F-Prot,AnVir Personal AV,SpySweeper,NoAdaware,Solo AntiVirus,Virus Chaser(Dr.Web clone) Protector Plus 2000 (just for the fun of it),NOD32 stand alone,PAL Spy Remover,Norton Antivirus Prescan,and Antiy Ghostbusters 4 (AntiTrojan Software)

Its just updating the .iso with up to date virus definitions etc all the time takes a while lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.