Ok, I dunno where this question would be properly......

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Kalkriese, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalkriese

Kalkriese Registered Member

....Posted, so I'm weaseling it in here.... (I hope the grammer cops ain't checkin' "Weasel?? there...)...... I run Win2K Pro and in Device Manager, Hidden Devices in the Non-Plug and Play there is an entry... "qkeoyrpdeba".... (No quotes of course...) o_O

Has ANYONE ever, ever seen this buggaboo before o_O? That is the correct spelling, and other info was that it had a problem or wasn't installed at all... I did several searches of the machine for this and found nothing... I also did several online searches coming up with zilch, nada, the big goose egg.... Zero...

SO, To make a long story longer... has anyone seen it before o_O? (Really though, I'm not joking... )

I went ahead and "uninstalled" it through device manager, kind of waiting to see if anything decides to go squirrley on my machine......

Thanks ahead of time.......

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Have you used a program by Sysinternals called Rootkit Revealer ?
    Also....if you search your your hard drive for qkeoyrpdeba....do you find a corresponding .exe file by that name in possibly a Temp folder ?
    If you do have such a file and if you check it's file properties does it mention Sysinternals ?

3. Kalkriese

Kalkriese Registered Member

Well, ya know what Bubba... I sure have run the Rootkit Revealer, but I could'nt find reference one to that goofy named file anywhere on the HD at all, BUT, I'm gonna re-install Rootkit Revealer and see if it does show back up... Thanks for the tip !!! :cool:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It will not show up as that same "goofy named file" but it will definetly resemble a "goofy named file" :eek: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.