Ok, I ask again

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Using KIS .463 and working fantastic. My question is, we all know the Sandbox doesnt work on IE with a 64 bit system. Opera says it can be used on a 64 bit and will work sandboxed with Kaspersky. I am using it with no issues. Am I right about this?

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

If you are working with it you must be right.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thank you my bearded friend.:rolleyes:

But I dont venture into any other forums but here and in the Kaspersky forums, I am curious as to what folks are saying about the new version and 64 bit systems. Have they tried this work around to enjoy the sandbox feature or what.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

5. munckman

munckman Registered Member

trjam,

As the 64 Bit choices are still limited, personally, I intend to try any that are available now. My favorite security choices do not offer 64 Bit Operating System support. As much as that bites; that's the way it is for me anyhow.

If I find an adequate 64 Bit security right now, it may just remain my final choice - as I may become comfortable with it and familiarity along with its' idiosyncrasies; just may be easier to deal with. Early adapters of technological advances are often...

I'm just frustrated at the lack of security choices. Perhaps Windows will provide the ultimate solution. Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1407.00 Public Beta ain't all that bad.:eek: Really. It was still available after the fact for all.:)

BETA. beta, Beta

6. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

I don't see how microsoft AV will solve anything as all major AV companies support 64 bits already. There isn't any lacking there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.