Oh dear lord!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Army_Wife2001, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Army_Wife2001

Army_Wife2001 Registered Member

I have never had problems before, ESET gets them before I notice anything. THe last couple days I kept getting a prompt to install software. After hitting cancel it would NOT go away until I rebooted. THEN it just wouldn't go away yesterday. So I looked up the file on the windows board. msiexec.exe every board I looked at said it was a windows secruity update. I had my reservations, but figured ESET would clean it out. So I installed it, then ran ESET and sure enough, some files were found. THEN this morning I turn on my computer and it's like it is getting attacked. my alert box is CONSTANTLY up and has NOT gone away. It is currently as I type this at: Number of blocked attacks: 2933 and it is still going. The threat says: a variant of Win32/Kryptik.OKQ trojan.

WHAT IS THISo_O Why won't it stop!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Stacey

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I sent you a Private Message. I hope we can help you clean this threat from your computer.

3. curious george

curious george Registered Member

It seems eset is very vunerable to this. I usually suggest ESET to my customers whether they get the a/v or a/v with firewall is up to them, but lately, those customers have been calling me in mass numbers with this infection.

I was wondering what eset was going to do about this, and if need be, what can i setup on their computers to prevent this?

4. volvic

volvic Registered Member

other than eset what are you running?

5. get_it

get_it Registered Member

Samples, Samples, Samples!!!

Send in the damn samples of infected files, give ESET a chance to analyse and provide signatures.

They have one of the fastest reactive times usually adding/providing detection/signatures within a few hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.