Offline updates for NOD32, RA and RC

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by emgee, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emgee

emgee Registered Member

I'm currently evaluating the server/workstation version of ESET's NOD32, and so far I'm quite impressed with the small footprint and overall effectiveness. I'm planning on switching from an unnamed competitor that does not have a small footprint, and is rather ineffective at detecting and removing viruses.

However, there is one dealbreaker issue that I've yet to resolve before we can purchase and switch, which is our network is not connected to the internet at all, and be at any time in the conveivable future.

So the updates would have to be downloaded on a standalone internet computer and transferred by USB drive, or something like that. Dual interface in the update server is not an option.

I have a support issue started, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this or a similar such issue, and some insight.

Thanks much!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as long as you have a business license, you can run your own mirror on SOME computer that is connected to the network - this allows you to create update files for burning to CD or usb thumb drive for manual transfer to your offline network... I would then have another mirror machine which all your machines updated from - update that one machine from the thumb-drive and very quickly your whole network is then updated!

3. emgee

emgee Registered Member

Thanks webyourbusiness.

Ok, so I installed another copy of RA and RC on the internet computer, and the downloads are starting to come in. Any guidance on which ones to move over? "mirror" and "updfiles" look like the ones... but maybe others as well?

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

sorry, my expertise is mainly in v2.7 (other staff within our company support v3.0 and smart security) - under v3.0 there is a folder I drag to my thumb drive called CD files I think - (not in the office atm).. when I get to a client site I can choose f:\nod_upd I recall, and the client machine updates from my thumb drive.

I am sure someone will be along in a minute to give up to date v3.0 advice for you.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! I don't understand what you mean but will try to explain everything again . So ... you need 1 computer which has internet connection . This computer has Business edtion (BE) v3.0 (for example) . Mirror is enabled and configured on this computer .

In v3.0 Mirror is enabled when you add the .lic file to the License section . Then configure where to create the copy files and you might share that folder (although not necessary in your case) . For example , let's create that folder in C:\Mirror\ . After the Mirror is configured , the program updated , in that "Mirror" folder files will start to appear. You need ALL of these files (Let's call this computer PC1 with Mirror1)

Let's turn the attention to your network now . In this network you can install EAV 3.0 BE on all computers . You must enable the Mirror option at least on of these computer . Again , configure that computer from the network to create Mirror copy to its own C:\Mirror\ (for example) (Let's say this computer PC2 with Mirror 2)

Configure ALL your networked computers to update from PC2 (even the PC2 computer should update from its own Mirror)

When you want to update your network , sit at PC1 and manually copy ALL files from PC1's dir C:\Mirror to your USB drive desired folder .

Then take the USB to PC2 and manually copy/paste ALL files from the USB to PC2's Mirror folder C:\Mirror\ . Update PC2's EAV and you are ready .

If you want to use Remote Admin Console/Server to monitor/configure the networked computer , that is different story , different from the Mirror :thumb:

6. emgee

emgee Registered Member

Working perfectly now! Thanks all for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.