Official Prevx 3.0.5.23

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

I can only imagine but the beta allows to update to beta versions and the official not.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Mine just updated automatically...:thumb:

4. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

afaik prevx beta releases can't update themselves to stable releases if you have beta, you should manually download the last stable and install it.

5. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

is this a official release or a beta release
    i'm using 3.0.5.10 on my pc

6. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

The beta release says "Release Candidate" in yellow on the GUI.

7. PatG

PatG Registered Member

If you are using the beta version of .10 you will have to go to www.prevx.com and dl the safeonline version, then uninstall your beta, then install the dl'd version. This is the official version of .23. It will NOT give you the SAFEONLINE blue gui if you install on top of a beta version.

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Just updated it on my Laptop. Seems to be running smooth good to see the Black scan screen glitch gone.

9. Pablo87

i don't use Beta's
    i have .10 official
    so i have to wait for .23?

10. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

No you don't need to wait. You can download the official release of .23 from here:

http://info.prevx.com/downloadsafeonline.asp

If your not using a beta version just install it over the top of .10

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The destination where you get the file from is the only difference. The branding is slightly different in that it may have "Release Candidate" branded over it but the version number is the deciding factor on what software you're actually using.

At a technical level, the v3.0.5.23 RC and v3.0.5.23 live release are 100% identical, as are the SafeOnline v3.0.5.23 and Prevx 3.0 v3.0.5.23. We are planning some minor changes in the user experience for the SafeOnline-specific installer but at the moment, the only difference is the GUI.

We don't automatically push new versions out for upgrading to existing users intentionally. Many AVs produce FPs on Prevx and we tend to not want to have our entire customer base write in complaining about these FPs at once ;) If you have installed a beta/RC version, you will be upgraded to the newest live release once it comes out and is set to be available for upgrade. Installing the live version manually over a beta/RC version will still maintain your status as a beta/RC user so you'll be upgraded to the next round as soon as those are available as well.

Users currently on v3.0.1.65 are still not being upgraded to the v3.0.5.x series until we've finished a handful of changes but they, or any other user, can upgrade manually by downloading the newest version from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp and running it - executing a newer installer will automatically upgrade your existing installation in all cases (Enterprise included - executing a consumer install program on an Enterprise agent PC will automatically upgrade the Enterprise agent to the newest Enterprise agent).

Let me know if you have any further questions! :)

12. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

Windows 7 Security Center always shows Prevx is closed.

13. Pablo87

im now using .23
    running great, nice work Prevx :)

14. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Working without any problems here.

15. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

I was auto upgraded yesterday on 2 of my machines. Since then they have been blue screening regularly...

16. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you please let me know what other security software you're using and if you happen to have a copy of one of the minidumps created by the BSOD (it would exist in C:\Windows\MiniDump\), could you please send it to report@prevxresearch.com as an attachment?

This will allow us to identify if Prevx is at fault and should point us onto a solution quickly :)

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.