Offer to get extended downloads?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by radman2020, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radman2020

radman2020 Registered Member

I just got an offer from acronis to purchase extended downloads of the original program Am I missing something here? AS a registered owner, I am already into the 3rd update which seems to be the whole program. Why would I want access to the original. Also, isn't it backed up? Isn't that the purpose of the program?

I am mystified. Help me out here...

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'll be interested in an informed answer as well. You see this sort of thing with various companies that sell download versions of their software. I have always assumed it is because people don't back up their download and then when their system crashes they don't have or can't find the download.

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I believe you got this offer because the Acronis store is run by digitalriver and they offer this option to purchasers of any software they sell on behalf of third parties. Of course it does seem redundant and a little silly when taken in the context of the purchase being for backup software.

4. Ewyuu4j0

Ewyuu4j0 Registered Member

I found the "offer" insulting, since there is absolutely no need to purchase this. The updaters are always available to registered users and do not require the original version to install. If Digital River and Acronis cannot pay the bills by selling something of value, maybe they should pack it in. It would have been much more responsible to have sent out an email letting people know that Build 2302 was available for download for registered users.

If I were cynical, I'd be happy that they are doing it. If they can skim off of some suckers, maybe that'll keep prices lower for the rest of us. But I guess I'm double cynical and have to reply to that, "Yeah right."

-Jeremy

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.