Of these 2 protections, which is more important?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lunarlander, Oct 7, 2015.

1. lunarlander

lunarlander Registered Member

Hi,

I am using Simple Software Restriction Policy. The app has an option to require a user password or admin password to get to it's settings, and to 'unlock' SRP for 0.5 hours.

This password setting requires me to allow network logins, in Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User rights management > Access this computer from the network. (provide list of accounts/groups are allowed to login). And the related config item > Deny access to this computer from the network.

So, if I set Deny access ... to Everyone, SSRP cannot be configured to use passwords.

Question is, which protection is more important, Deny access from the network, or having a password to control SSRP operation?

I assume that the Deny access ... from the network is meant to control usage of winrs ? Am I right?

2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.