OE Problem?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

It's me again, in trouble again.....Clicked on my Outlook Express Email and no matter what I click on I get this Error message...

Error numbers change each time...0x01c360a0....0x01BC138.....0x000F960a0 etc., etc.,.....I've typed them into Google search and it comes up with "Don't match any Documents"??)......

I can send and receive Mail just as long as I don't click on anything in the left column!!.....not a really satisfactory arrangement.

Pleased to receive any forthcoming advice or solution.....done the Restore thing by the way, nothing changed??...

TIA, Regards, Cochise, :cool:

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

An Outlook Express basic repair kit

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx

The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm

Guess you can not open any of those folders then..just send email and recieve it..so i figure your folders are whacked but you can fix that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just so I don't mis-understand....you can't click on anything....or....you can't click in the folders area of the left column :doubt:

Also....in case it matters....what version is that ?

4. Primrose

In the articles above that i pointed you to on your errors..the best one to look at would be this page.

The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

You will find how to repair you problem and even maybe why it happened in your case with errors like

Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Sorry Bubba....I can send and receive mail using the first four items in the left-hand Files column....If I click on anything else in the Files column I get the Error Message.....The other fault is that the 'Drop down' menu cross used to be alongside 'Inbox'??......I thought it might have been something to do with 'View' but now I think it has to do with Zone Alarm!.....I had Zone Alarm a couple of years ago and got rid because it did it's own thing now and again,....I, in my madness decided to dump 'Outpost and give ZA another chance...WRONG....my whole system seemed to be acting oddly before and now, after, I got rid of ZA AGAIN.

I re-installed outpost again but no matter how I configure it i don't get asked to allow stuff and nothing shows up in 'Allowed'??

And I'm using OE 6.....

Explorer works just fine and so does everything else....

Went through Primroses most kind suggestions in the Registry....made no difference.

Regards, Cochise, :cool:

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I have, at last, cleared all the remnants of uninstalled progs from my OS after going DEEEEEEEEEP into the Registry.....

Also I found that when I used Regseeker it would find say 40 items which I deleted without backup...run it again and find 15 items, run again and get 4, then 2, then 0, so it would appear that Regseeker does NOT find all you search for in one sweep and neither does 'Search'.....

Everything is now running smoothly again except for OE Inbox which has lost it's little + that allows me to retract or open my Files Menu??...So I'm still open to suggestions on that one Folks, Please... :D :-* :-*

Cochise, :cool:

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It is not abnormal you have to run it several times after eachother.
    Why don't you use the backup option :doubt:

Gerard

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Sorry Gerardwil......Backup option for what??.... :D

Cochise, :cool:

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Not that this will lead to a fix for the Identity in question....but have you attempted to create another Identity and see if that account exhibits the same crazyness :doubt:

via OE GUI....File\Identities\Add New Identity

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I understood that you delete items found with Regseeker and didn't make up backup.
    There is an option in the lower left corner to backup before deletion.

Gerard

Attached Files:

11. Primrose

great idea Bubba..and i sure would like to know how it all started..did you run some online scan and tell it to delete any thing it found just before this started..ir maybe did a scan with a product you have on board and it whacked the folder ? just trying to imagine how it all started..althought corruption can happen easy in OE.

And on regseeker by default on install of that product..it does make those backups..unless you take the check out of that box..but i have never seen even the new version of it whack OE yet.

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Aaahhh!.....I see what you meant now Gerardwil....I know about the backup option in Regseeker :D :D but what I was deleting I wanted GONE...I had no intention of leaving anything to do with Zone Alarm on my OS....thats were I think my probs started....ZA suddenly decided it would control where I went on the net and when I tried to make it 'Allow' it spit it's dummy out and stopped me opening OE and another couple of sites I frequent now and then...that's when I decided to get rid of it, you know the rest, after it gave up the ghost eventually I found it had screwed my OE a little, as in losing my + sign on my Inbox so that now I can't minimise my Files in the left column...and there you have it, other than that everything else is now OK...I have my Outpost back and working correctly.......Thanks for all your kind assistance.

I'll have a look at 'New Identity' and see what goes.....

Byeeee, and Cheers, Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.