Odd SwBla Behaviour

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PsychoBob, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoBob

PsychoBob Registered Member

I am having a bizarre problem with Spyware Blaster. It suddenly started throwing a warning MsgBox that says Invalid picture :eek: when running SpywareBlaster. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting directory completely, but to no avail. Ideas?

http://alphalpha.homeunix.org:3663/ims/spybla/spyerr.png

2. PsychoBob

Thanks SB - I completed everything but the first step. That msgbox appears when I try to run Spyware Blaster and then it craps out. I have seen this happen on a few other systems too.

The problem still exists though. I have used Hijack This to see if there is anything wonky, SpywareBlaster, Adaware and CounterSpy - all coming up nada for each user. Will keep hacking away at it though, thanks for the input!

-=[PsyB]=-

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Can you provide details on the specs of the systems that exhibit the problem?

For example:
    -Version of Windows
    -What anti-virus programs are installed on each machine, if any
    -What firewall(s) are installed on each machine, if any
    -What other security apps are installed on each machine, if any
    -Etc.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. PsychoBob

Blah! :rolleyes:

I figured out what the problem was. Using ProcessExplorer to try and track what was running, I found beta software that I was working on that I had forgotten was even still there, let alone running that hides from TaskManager. The software eliminates persistant OLE container files in the local settings/temp folder (~df####.tmp files). The other systems that were affected are actually the systems of the person who asked for a fix for those files in the first place :D So far, that I can tell, only SpywareBlaster was adversely affected by the software and I will pull it from my clients systems until I can figure out a way to make it compatible with SpyBla. Thanks for the help guys!

-=[PsyB]=-

5. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Glad I could help :D

Regards,

snowboard

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

A post concerning the use of regseeker have been removed as it is not the tool to resolve this threads listed problems

bigc

7. med0

med0 Registered Member

I am getting the same thing.

I deinstalled both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster, but now I can't run
    Spyhunter.

I get the same Invalid Picture error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.