Odd launch delay on NOD v2.7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Carbonyl, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

On an older machine, I happen to be running NOD32 v2.7. Newer versions don't play well with it, but I still use the computer from time to time, so I do want it at least somewhat protected! NOD does the trick.

Anyhow, this morning when I booted the machine, everything started up normally... but there was no NOD icon in the system tray for some reason! After several minutes, I opened the task manager - it seemed that NOD was running, but I don't know why it took so long to launch. A reboot showed normal startup behavior, with NOD activating as normal on that second boot. A scan revealed no issues.

This has me worried, though! If NOD32 were compromised, I guess I wouldn't expect it to find any threats, and I don't know how to find out if that launch lag was just a fluke, or some malicious program like a rootkit messing with NOD. Does anyone have any advice?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you look at the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] registry key on the computer, does it still have an entry for "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE entry in it?

If it does, there may have just been some sort of a problem displaying the icon in the system tray notification area. Try restarting the computer to see if the icon for the program reappears.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.