Odd Image Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dukeofcrydee, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeofcrydee

dukeofcrydee Registered Member

I just downloaded TI's trial to clone my C: to an external HD in a USB 2.0 enclosure. To bad that didn't work, since upon rebooting (but before Windows could fully start) the drive wasn't detected.

So I make an image since I'm really only concerned with preserving all my files. I turn on the drive and get L: & M: as usual. Run TI and select Explore Image for the first time. It wants to give a temp drive letter and I select one partition and give it N:

I go to Windows Explorer when done and now the external drive is gone. L: & M:, but N: is now available and I can work with the contents.

I unmount N: via TI, nothing happens. No L: & M:. I shut off and turn on the external drive and nothing. I check the drive's status by forcing Windows Explorer to show me L: and M: via the Address bar. Both show up, but in Properties they are "RAW".

Why the hell did that happen? I have rebooted, but I'm REALLLLY hoping that on a reboot I can turn my external drive on and have it work like it used to! But I just wanted to post this now while it's still fresh in my memory. Not able to reboot immediately right now.

Edit: Ok, I managed to reboot. All works fine again. Wonder if the initial problem was from TI or Windows?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dukeofcrydee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file and Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.