October 2011 Whole Product Dynamic "Real World" Test Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Thankful, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Pete

PC_Pete Registered Member

OT I know but when you were cleaning up and installing Avira, did you ask them why they thought it was OK to use Avast! Free (and maybe the others) illegally?

It's like saying, "Trust us. Yeah I know, we're ripping off these guys in a flash but trust us anyway."

I know everyone's trying to cut back but when I work with companies, municipal coumcils and not-for-profit orgs. I give them the choice of paid-for or free-for-all security products.

2. gery

gery Registered Member

i understand what you are saying but i am not responsible for that. I just wanted to make a sort of report of the incident. That has nothing to do with your topic though you are correct about it.

3. PC_Pete

PC_Pete Registered Member

It's for you to decide what you will or won't do. I'm not even sure that that Avast are too indignant about that sort of thing. Maybe you could have just left out the word 'free' and I woudn't have known any better. ;)

4. Technical

Technical Registered Member

avast team is trying hard to avoid the business use of the free version.
    It's not easy when it's done locally, one by one.
    It can detect avast free used in Active Directories and when a domain is used.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It's never fun when a product don't live up to it's reputation, though it happens to every vendor at some point.

As for ESET's results, I think they are quite steady and I am happy for that.

6. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

I checked yesterday, the AI with a dataset from beginning of september detected all the samples that Avira missed. Too bad it is still not in the product. :(

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

And even when it will be, will it be in the free versiion as well?

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yep, and it will be Aviras saving grace thanks to Stefan. And I will be able to leave this place at Christmas the same way I came in, with Avira lighten my path.;)

9. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

lol, trjam! You should wait with the thanks until it is released. Also, it is not me doing the AI, you need to thank Marcus and his team.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Any info on the AI that you could give us? :D

11. SLE

SLE Registered Member

Now we so often heard the advertising for AVIRA AI - so i think it's time for public proofs;)

Cause saying something in house/in development detects x or y % more, or all, or nothing. etc. - it's just irrelevant as long as it only is in house. IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.