observed changes with Kaspersky avp 3.5.133 se

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by skeptic, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeptic

skeptic Registered Member

Recently while using Kaspersky's antiviral toolkit pro 3.5 swiss ed. with on access monitor set to scan all files: packed and archives.. and warnings and code analyzer checked, i noticed that when opening certain web sites that it no longer alerts for the presence of a windows trojan downloader.

From my encounters the swiss edition of antiviral toolkit pro 3.5 seems to be more "sensitive" in detecting for the presence of certain backdoors and trojan downloaders compared to the russian edition...although technically they're the same. Lately it hasn't been doing this.. has anyone encountered something similar this?

2. root

root Registered Member

Sorry I can't help with your question, but Kaspersky has a new board set up for users with support from the KAV staff and I would suggest you join up and ask there also.
    http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi
    I joined and would like to see word of the board get spread around. Kaspersky has indicated they would like to improve their tech support and its image.

3. frank

frank Guest

what's the different between swiss version avp 3.5.1330 with the one obtain from russian site? Do these two versions same in capabilities in detecting virus? I was puzzling.

Thanks

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

There are no differences in detecting capabilities, however Swiss edition will run on XP (Swiss edition uses F-Secure's Legacy Drivers) and Russian will not. Thats for v3.5.

Technodrome

5. cLmzL

cLmzL Guest

@root

thanks for the link.

6. skeptic

skeptic Registered Member

Root

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Kaspersky's on going support board. I've checked it out.

Pertaining to Avp 3.5.133 se though it's iffy to say, perhaps the active content embedded in those web pages have been modified it's why Avp is not detecting the presence of a windows trojan downloader. The strange thing is that it used to.. then it doesn't anymore.

And also from what i've noticed KAV's higher versions, 4x and onward, doesn't seem as responsive to the presence of backdoors and droppers embedded in web pages.. After a web page has been downloaded it doesn't alert for anything.. while with Avp 3.5. it'll throw up a flag if there's a presence of suspicious active content. It's interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.