OA3 File System Scan

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jad_123, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jad_123

jad_123 Registered Member

As OA3 does not have antivirus, what exactly is being scanned when you run this? It comes back and even says there are not viruses along with a few other things.

2. sded

sded Registered Member

I asked that there, and the scanning is of your hard drive with OASIS, which according to their help file "OASIS combines lists of known legitimate programs that are safe to run on your computer (the Trusted list), known malicious programs that should not run on your computer (the Untrusted list), and websites belonging to banks and financial institutions that Online Armor should protect against scams". I run a scan occasionally, and it seems to take about as long as a virus scan.

3. jad_123

jad_123 Registered Member

Thanks for the answer.

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes you have an answer on the file systems scan.

But, IMO, FWIW the term "virus" especially for folks here at WSF is a bit confusing in this case. It's not an AV scan in the sense of a Nod32 or Norton scan.

But, there are AV versions available with OA 3. See public beta link

http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=6706

Just a word though it is my understanding that OA is working on using a different AV product at some point in the future. No I don't know what that will be. At the moment it is KAV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.