OA vs LnS/PrevX

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by whitedragon551, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Well I know that one has already been answered on Wilders. Use the search function and you'll find it straight away.

2. Scoobs72

And that one has never been answered anywhere...so you're best posting on Online Armor forum and asking one of the Devs.

3. Scoobs72

DNS Protection:

http://rus.tallemu.com/dns-checker.php

When it's on (Banking Mode) it works, when you're not in banking mode it's off. Similar to Prevx SOL's DNS verification when you visit a https site.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post. Let's keep it civil. Thanks!

5. Scoobs72

Not quite right. OA can cover everything that LnS can, but not Prevx SOL. If malware gets a chance to run then OA probably won't directly protect against html injection used by banking trojans. Equally, I see you've now dropped Prevx SOL in favour of Spyshelter, which also won't directly protect you against those sort of attacks. OA + Prevx SOL is a very strong combination against keylogging/password stealing malware. LnS + Prevx SOL is a bit weaker but still good protection. LnS + Spyshelter is weaker still.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Explain how OA Premium cant cover both? It offers the same "protections" according to definition.

7. Scoobs72

I just did o_O Let me put it like this:

- With just OA you're fine as long as you don't accidentally allow malware to run and install itself (or install a program that you think is safe, but in fact contains malware)
    - With OA + Prevx SOL you'd be protected even password stealing malware is on your PC

8. whitedragon551

And how does Spyshelter x64 allow passwords to be stolen from keyloggers and such? If its a regular virus then Panda CAV or MBAM should catch it.

9. Scoobs72

I didn't say it wouldn't. I said Spyshelter wouldn't directly protect against html injection. You also need to ask yourself whether Spysphelter would protect you adequately against TDL4 for example. Forget relying on your AV/AM for protection against those. And with that I'm outta here. Don't get me wrong, LnS + Spyshelter provides very good levels of protection....just not quite as strong or wideranging as a OA+Prevx combination.

10. whitedragon551

You cant safe guard against everything. Like I said in the OP Im after secure, but light at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.