OA great but no more officially supports windows servers

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Xitrum, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xitrum

Xitrum Registered Member

OA is one of the greatest total security software for windows boxes. Lightest on resource, top notch secure your windows box (hopefully as to Matousec security testing assessments), not high price tags, easy uses to all users, from novice to advanced users. Of course, it still has some bugs with GUI and some minor functional be better off to be implemented (IP should be added with firewall rule instead of manual inputs by users).

Since the version begins 3.x it is no more officially supporting windows server anymore although that there are not many users running server versions of windows, 2003 and 2008. I am on windows 2003 enterprise and incoming 2008ent too. Probably it is hard to support all windows OS, so OA dropped its supports on windows servers. Hope it will change soon. Outpost 2009 supports windows servers so well. I have both license of uses on OA & OP2009, in windows box, it must switch to OP2009 rather than OA.

OA 3.5.x.y has issue with remembering things after system shutdown and reboot on windows server 2003 box.

2. Xitrum

Xitrum Registered Member

Outpost Pro (2009) 6.7 can be installed on Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2008 (incl. all x-64 versions) - and Windows 7 RC.

Outpost 2009 support officially Windows Servers 2003, 2008 Enterprise editions.[/B] Preferable.

There is a few things I personally would like OP & KAV/KIS2010 to implement it as OA and "Ghost Security Suite" did that it in HIPS protections on each application level, OA came with enumeration of each one an application can allow and disallow to run it.

Attached Files:

3. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I run the Enterprise Edition of Server 2003 here so this doesn't support server OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.