OA (Free version) Fails To Start

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zzulu, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzulu

zzulu Registered Member

I have been using OA firewall (free) for about a month and for the second time now, I get a message that it did not start. Start/programs/OA or rebooting will not solve my problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling is the only fix I have found.

Are there any suggestions? I like the product when it is working.

Thanks in advance.

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Please, can you download and install the latest version - it should fix that issue.

Mike

3. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Does the very latest version cure the intermittent Explorer errors?
    I really like O.A. and for the first time for ages, (using version 2.1.0.119), I had one yesterday morning :oops:
    I've un-installed OA for the moment and am using the XP firewall, but OA ticks all my boxes as light, effective and once trained, quiet.

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

All I can say is beta guys do not have it with the few latest builds. Though, this was not released yet.

===
    Ok, here we are... Build 127

This is a tiny update, just to fix most annoying/serious issue, because I want to release this on Monday.
    ===

So presumably it will be released on Monday (if no issues is found by beta).

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi Roger,

Beta guys don't have this problem any more, and I passed the beta to a few external guys who still had it. I've had confirmation back from at least one of them that the problem has been cleared up.

Mike

6. zzulu

zzulu Registered Member

Thanks Mike, Alex and Roger.

The last time that I reinstalled OA, I used the original installer. This time I will download the latest version and I will report back when I know if the problem is solved.

Paul

7. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

We're doing a new release tomorrow - I'd hold off till then if I were you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.