OA Free Beta Build 60 Out

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Diver, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There are also new little features added, and sometimes you also get bugs with them.

Pete

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello Lundholm
    well,.. you did miss quoting my opinion about this, which actually sums this up for me.

I will agree that I dont normally jump into such threads, but I wanted to reply to your posts concerning this,.... as I would do with anyone attacking any vendor without supported issue.

Regards,

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

If you had the sense to read any of my posts,you would see I am the exact opposite to being a fanboy to any thing or anyone.

I have followed your career at Wilders and after an intelligent start,when your knowledge of Kerio,from memory was very helpful,you then descended into time wasting,frivolous posts with a vendetta like quality about them.

They lacked any value whatsoever as regards being informative and could only be described as trolling.

Typical were your frivolous comments over a period of time attacking OA free for not having a Help File,which you obviously enjoyed,when obviously you never had any intention of even trying out OA .

Now you see a new chance to attack about the beta issue

Once again,,your persistent attacks against OA achieve no purpose whatsoever and should be ignored.

You have suddenly changed tactics and pretend you are a white knight,but anyone who reads your posts over a period of time would realise otherwise.

Most of your posts cant be called happy nonsense,but unhappy rubbish.
    A great shame,as obviously you have relevant knowledge.

ps I tried OA once and didnt like it-that makes me a fanboy- actually I think OA attract this kind of problem,by taking every post seriously-an open invitation for trouble.

I feel its about time OA had a look at themselves and became realistic about the sense or otherwise of being one of the "good ol boys" all the time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  4. Hairy Coo

Your constant little one line snipes show that you are also no better than a troll.

Of course,Mike Nash isnt helping himself by always turning the other cheek-I can never understand why-it just attracts more trolls to waste even more time.

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

I was going to ignore him this time, but the Elvis comment popped into my head and wouldn't get out.

As for turning the other cheek - it's not like I can post what I really think about the guy's comments here - it will either get my post deleted due to general nastiness/TOS breach, or encourage him.

I've seen where other vendors get into verbal fistfights with members (or other vendors) and that's a road I'm not willing to travel down. It makes everyone involved look stupid - especially the vendor.

Mike

6. Hairy Coo

The obvious response then is NO Response-why would you even waste your valuable time responding to trolls who just want to be noticed-it certainly isnt helping your business.

The moderators would step in before the remarks became too stupid,as they do

The ones who are making the most noise are the ones who have no intention of ever buying OA-so why waste time-its not a popularity contest.

7. Peter2150

Absolutely, and since I participated in this thread, I am backing off a bit, but if the trolling continues, my mod hat will go on for sure.

Pete

8. despuesvengo

despuesvengo Registered Member

I never post here since I am ignorant about firewalls. I only read and try to get "some" knowledge, a little, which is a lot for me.

But reading this, I assume some people know A LOT about firewalls, maybe that's the reason why the have all ports stealth but please open your brain ports.

cheers to Mike and team. The effort they make every hour is inmense.

The easiest thing to do in life is to "demand". The hardest is to do something.

sorry for the english.

regards

9. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Ok I guess i didnt give OA a good chance and Mike told me to use standard mode as advanced mode gives you a million more pop ups. This new build is great and you can finally resize the GUI. I know you all are saying I thought you liked Comodo but after "800" pending files from updating Steam and WOW I had enough. Mike and the OA team are doing a good thing here.

10. Peter2150

Aside from the firewall, which is great, one thing often overlooked including by me is the run safer option.

When I ran the tests in that thread The evaluation of the Erik Albert Approach, I assumed users would click on allows for pop up's which mean many traditional HIPS flunked because of the users. I had lumped OA into that category. I just went back and retested but put the run safer option on all the malware files, and then clicked merrily away on the pop ups.

Result. All malware was stopped even though I allowed the pop ups. Don't overlook this feature.

Pete

11. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

What test? I ran the leak test from Shields Up and OA passed it easily.

12. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Actual malware tests.

13. Peter2150

Yes. Killdisk, the POC that was discussed at lenght, another virus, and also this cleanmbr thing. All stuff that does destructive stuff.

14. ProSecurity

ProSecurity Registered Member

More often than not, too much testosterone is evident in these threads.

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't see what all the wailing and gnashing of teeth is about concerning the progressing betas of OA. Version 31 is a great FW that i have no problems with. I'm sure the next released version will improve already good software and I'm looking forward to it, but in the mean time v31 just ticks away with little involvement from me.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.