O&O image 5 start up disk???

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i own a lic to the full version but maybe im missing it or have not looked hard enough as im not super fond of this program.. yet.. or maybe not at all i dont know but how do i make this "start up" disk to use? i prob am missing the option for it... thanks

honestly so far im way more fond of macrium. but i can get a pretty crazy discount on the o&o image 5.. so im considering it

i downloaded the trial version but bought the key from a reseller. so i just entered the key? does the start cd normally come in the download?
    edit

okay i see now i guess ill have to contact the reseller since the start disk should normally come after purchase they told me. so yeah that sucks since i cant really try it out yet. imo its really stupid to not let someone test out the boot capabilities of the program. i will email the reseller and find out why i did not get the boot disk after actually paying for the program. they said its a winpe disc based on vista similar to macrium and sp in their email i was a bit dissapointed with o&o since after providing them all the info they asked for they would not provide a link to get the boot disk, not cool they simply said to contact the reseller even though they did say the lic key i bought is legit. not a cool way to do business. i even offered to pay the 9$ to get the disc quickly and they again told me to contact the reseller. so this is what ill do and ill report my findings after that. for now back to macrium. im really not to fond of the layout anyway and the running procc's when not even using any part of the program.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, I bought a License from oo-software store.It immediately(after creditcard approval) gave download links to the iso file and the program installer file.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thanks. i sent the reseller a email and hope they get back to me. o&o said they are legit so hopefully ill get the link. im still suprised that o&o didnt handle it themselves though. overall from testing without the boot disk i think its a okay program minus the crazy long times for backups for some reason. double the time of macrium and sp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.