O&O Disk Image 5.5 resize partitions

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

I wanted to share this. O&O DiskImage gets almost no attention, but it's actually a decent product. It pales next to ShadowProtect and IFW, etc., but for a basic image tool it works fine. I've done many restores with it and never had an issue. One of my main issues with it is that it appears you can't restore and resize paritions. Even though it's not talked about in the manual, you can do this. I can't post the PDF apparently but if anyone is interested in it send me a message and I can mail it to you...unless someone knows a way to post a PDF. Thanks.

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

My comment is : O&O DiskImage is not as good as ShadowProtect and IFW/D/L.:D

3. napoleon1815

Oh I agree, not debating that. Like I said, it pales to those, but is a decent basic imager and can do more than the manual states. I primarily use IFL and StorageCraft.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

have they finally fixed the issue of making a incremental backup where it takes LONGER than a full backup did??

5. napoleon1815

Yes, I tested this recently and my incremental took only a few minutes.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if the incremental's are fixed imo its really not a bad program otherwise i own it ill have to download and test the newest version then. thanks

7. napoleon1815

I love the GUI and the boot disk is really good too (you get many other tools on the boot CD, like a scaled down reg editor, disk management, networking, scan disk, etc.). It does have to mature though...hoping v6 will make it more competitive with the others. The product would benefit from some focus from O&O.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.