Nvidia's Active Armour Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratwing, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratwing

ratwing Guest

My current PC uses Nvidia's chipsets,and I recall a earlier PC so equipped,
    that installed a firewall known as Active Armour.

At the time,being a noob,I was eager to replace it with the latest Zone Alarm or Comodo offering.

Now i wonder if it was really any good? Was it 2 way?
    How can I get a Nvidia release with a copy?

Thanks
    ratwing

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

hey ratwing,
    Here is what I found on nvidia website....."NVIDIA Firewall supports stateless and stateful inspection, Web-based management, predefined security profiles, port block filtering, remote administration, and provides an easy-to-use set-up wizard. In addition, NVIDIA Firewall has antihacking features such as anti-IP-spoofing, anti-sniffing, anti-ARP-cache-poisoning, and anti-DHCP server"
    Sounds like a 2 way.
    Looking at some of the forum topics at nvidea, it sounds like no one likes it and are having alot of problems with it. If your really concerned get a cheap linksys wrt54g or similar router with SPI and run a 2 way software firewall. ( comodo/OA/pctools/privatefirewall)
    I'm sure someone else will chime in with some "constructive" upgrading of my comments.

3. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Nvidia stopped production of the firewall . It would have been great if it were not so buggy . They never got it right and too many people complained . If you have it , replace it with a software firewall . If you do not have it now , congratulations

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Also note that nvidia firewall conflict with ZA. If you want to use ZA you will need to fully remove the nvidia firewall drivers. :)

5. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Thanks, guys for the info.
    I am better off without the Nvidia firewall, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.