Nuwar Gen worm

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mistrigf, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistrigf

mistrigf Registered Member

I am probably a novice by most of your standards, but I am wise enough to have installed nod32 on my laptop, I have never had to many problems with infections on my laptop until tonight. I have had several attempts by the Nuwar gen worm to access my machine. Nod has stopped it but the threat report reads:

Win32/Nuwar.Gen worm quarantined - deleted - error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object

my AMON says there is 28 threats and 17 have been cleaned. I am in the process of running a deep scan at the moment and am awaiting the results, any help or suggestions on this matter would be great, I am concerned that it says there is 17 threats still there!

Cheers Sara (aka mistrigf)

2. mistrigf

it says my mail has been moved, to where and why? How do I get to see if anyone has any advice to offer? This is all a bit to new to me!!!

Sara

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I imagine it was moved to quarantine.

4. mistrigf

that helps thanks!!!

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Is that where it went? Did you find quarantine?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Apparently you have AMON set to clean files automatically which means that uncleanable malware, such as trojans, backdoors, dialers, etc. will not be cleaned. They will remain on the disk, but AMON will block access to them. Newly created or modified infected will be moved to quarantine though.

7. mistrigf

Thanks for that, is there a setting that I have missed that would allow AMON to remove it completely, or should I do a restore from my disc?

Sorry for sounding like a numpty!

Sara

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is not necessary to do any kind of restores . Just perform full scan and clean/delete all infected objects found .

As for AMON , if you want to see visual warnings that a threat has been found and to have options to decide what to do as well as to keep informed , open Control Center -> AMON -> press Setup -> click on "Actions" tab -> choose Prohibit access and display alert windows with action options

Press OK and hide the Control Center . :thumb:

9. mistrigf

Thanks for that, have adjusted my settings now.

Sara :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.