Number of backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blockie, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blockie

blockie Registered Member

I managed the backup location and selected the location to scgedule incremental backups. I set the 'Size" to 60 GB, the numer of backupws to 3 and the duraion to 365 days. After a few days I expected to see a full backup and 3 incrementals and then the name would change and another full backup. This did NOT happen. All I get are 3 backups 1 fuill and two incremental.
    The log says hat I have run into the set limit and a backup would be deleted.

I had expected a full backup and some incrementals. Then a name change with another full backup and some moe incremental until the size of 60 GB was reached and then some deletions. Am I doing anything wrong and whato_O? o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blockie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that the "number of backups" in Acronis Backup Location settings is a limit to a maximum number of backups stored there. With the settings you have now, every time a new incremental backup is created, the oldest incremental backup is consolidated with the full backup, thus maintaining the number of backups and incremental chain consistency.
    To obtain your desired schedule please delete and recreate Acronis Backup Location without "number of backups" quota, and schedule a task to "create a new full backup after every 2 incremental ones". Please see chapter 8 "Scheduling tasks" of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for detailed instructions.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. flyby22

flyby22 Registered Member

Hi

I have the latest TI 10 update. According to manual I should be able to set the number of incremental backups. But when I try to modify an existing incrmental backup task or create a new one, I cant seem to see this setting. In which screen I should be seeing this setting ? Does this setting show up only when I set a size limit?

thanks

4. flyby22

flyby22 Registered Member

I guess I should have said I am also looking for the option to set the number of incremental backups before a full backup is created. Cant see that setting either.

thanks

5. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.