nua05.temp

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I was working on my pc when suddenly I got an alert from Process Guard that a file was being updated asking for permission. Somehow I thought it was NOD (unfortunately do not remember what the pop up said exactly at the time) but as i did not see any reason for the alert (never happened before with respect to NOD) and I was busy, I denied the request.
    Later I checked Processguard and found the following details:
    file: nua05.temp was blocked from starting and full details referred to
    c:\windows\temp\nua05.temp and commandline: nsetup.exe/siletmode/noreboot/settings="c:\windows\temp\nxa04.temp"

I checked my windows temp folder but cannot find these files. However, the reference to temp makes me very nervous. :blink:
    I did a scan but nothing popped up.

Does anyone know if this file could have originated from NOD and if it is legit? Of course any other info is also appreciated.

2. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Having checked NOD's log file I noticed a failed update attempt at the time in question. I have now forced a manual update and changed to Version 2.70.32.
    I am still baffled though about the strange temp files listed in Process Guard's logs and the fact that this update was quite different than the normal upgrades running completely in the background.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Even tho I am not at my Nod32 installed PC....all I can offer at the moment until others come along is that a previous thread from a couple years back alludes to this type behavior.

Very Large Update 9-20-04 update

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I got a popup saying something about a component update for NOD32 so I allowed it, the result was NOD32 2.70.32 and it was a large download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.