ntsvc.ocx

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Armigerous, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armigerous

Armigerous Guest

After running my TDS, I log off and shut down But every time I attempt top run it the next time I get an error message saying "Component ntsvc.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" This makes it necessary for me to run TDS Setup and reinstall it and then redownload the radius update. Anybody know what is causing this?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Armigerous,
    Running Trend's spyware feature? Stop the "remove secondthought spyware" feature and Trend should not touch it anymore.
    Nothing wrong with the file itself it is the original and unmodified, but there are spywares using it. But having such files removed is the same as having windows removed as it is used by spyware, trojans and other nasties.

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

It can also be that a different program on your computer wants to use a different version of the ntsvc.ocx probably an earlier version and keeps replacing it whenever that program is run

4. Armigerous

Armigerous Guest

Jooske:
    Sorry to be such a worry wart, but how do I access the "remove second thought spyware' feature to disable it? Can't seem to locate it in any of the menus. Thanks

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In Trend Micro's anti spyware if you're running that application.
    Maybe another of your programs is showing the same agression to a poor innocent defenceless file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.