NTLDR not found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlsf2, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlsf2

jlsf2 Registered Member

I've run into a problem and am not sure if TI is to blame or not.

I had a system with drives:
    60Gig, Drive C, Drive E
    80Gig, Drive D

I used TI to migrate this to a 160Gig drive with the same drives (slightly different sizes though).

I've not had any problems with it running for ~2 weeks, but I honestly don't think I've rebooted since the first time. Today I rebooted for the first time, and now I get the dreaded NTLDR not found at bootup.

Is this related to TI in any way? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. f123

f123 Guest

That's your bootloader. Did you try to set up a multi-boot system? Go to the Microsoft website and search for instruction to repair the NTLDR. Don't have any hands on experience with "migrating" an entire HD using TI. Try imaging each partition and dump each image file to the new partition in the new HD.

Disc cloning should also work.

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Since it booted correctly the first time and since your drives were working correctly, I would say that you and Trueimage both did their jobs correctly. You should be able to boot from the XP cd and run the "fixboot" command, but since this is a new drive and most failures of new hardware occur early, I would be running the manufacturer's diagnostics on the drive to rule out drive problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.