NTFS&HFS for Linux 8.5 Express

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by jfontana, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfontana

jfontana Registered Member

Sorry if this thread does not belong here. I didn't find anywhere else to post it.
    I was trying to test NTFS&HFS for Linux 8.5 Express to implement a network of Mac and Linux machines. I cannot install these drivers, though. When I do './install.sh' as the instructions suggest, I get the following error message:

"Can't preparing driver configuration"

I'm running Linux kernel 2.6.32-7

I would really appreciate it if someone told me what the problem is. This message is not very informative. Thanks.

Josep M.

2. PaulDriver

PaulDriver Registered Member

In case you hadn't figured out yet, Paragon has apparently abondened their Linux product line, and not updated it to function with any Kernel revision higher then 2.6.28.

I was ready to purchase Paragon's ptoduct, when reason prevailed and I checked out the 'free' version first.

The issue is the change in the Kernal lock functions, which are, apparently, contained in the provided sourcecode wrapper, I'm hoping it's a hackable fix.

I've been away from Linux for a few years, and have just returned, and it's been awesome, but I've have been dying for something faster the NTFS-3G/Fuse, something that doesn't drop dead when you attempt to transfer more then 20GB.

HaHaHa! I haven't touched a compiler since '06, amd here I am, two weeks back in the open world, and all ready planning to re-write someone's filesystem wrapper.

Sourcecode is like crack, this is gonna be interesting.

Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.