NTFS for Mac 14, how to format?

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by xabi, Oct 1, 2015.

1. xabi

xabi Registered Member

Well, upgraded to v14 and Capitan, but now in the Disk Utility, the option to format a disk in NTFS doesn't appear...
    Is it lost for ever?

2. Loulounesta

Loulounesta Registered Member

I have the same problem... what is the solution?

3. murat germen

murat germen Registered Member

forget formatting, can you even write on NTFS volumes? i cannot... (el capitan + v.14)

4. Carlos Sole

Carlos Sole Registered Member

Exactly the same problem here...

Any solution?

5. adit01

adit01 Registered Member

I am able to write in NTFS format but can't format my harddrive, can you please give me a solution.

6. xabi

xabi Registered Member

Well, I can write on NTFS, no problem...
    But sometimes after a restart my windows partition disappears.... I can't even see it in Disk Utility...

7. KalleSpears

KalleSpears Registered Member

I can read and Write, but can't format.

8. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

As you may know, Disk Utility in El Capitan doesn’t show any volumes mounted with third party filesystem drivers (such as our “ntfs for mac”). Users won’t be able to verify/repair/create NTFS volumes via Disk Utility application anymore. Apple has made a lot of changes in El Capitan, and the GUI of Disk Utility now only permits usage of the built-in filesystems, i.e. special features such as formatting or repairing volumes are not available for third-party filesystems. You will need to use command line tools to perform any of these features.
    Please look into our Knowledge Base on how to use these commands: http://kb_wp.paragon-software.com/article/375

We plan to add this functionality to NTFS for Mac setttings in Preference panel.

As for drivers stops working - it happens when you update OS X with the driver installed.

A file system driver such as Paragon NTFS for Mac is not expected to work after the Mac operating system has been upgraded to a new main version (e.g.Yosemite to El Capitan). A version change of the operating system always requires Paragon NTFS for Mac to be uninstalled and reinstalled under the new system.

Likewise, a new main version of our software needs new credentials and should as well be upgraded by complete uninstall and reinstall:

To perform the upgrade, please proceed as follows:
    1. Uninstall the driver by the common procedure via System Preferences.
    2. Restart the Mac.
    3. Install the current version 14. This version is available under your customer account on our website.
    4. Restart the Mac.

9. xabi

xabi Registered Member

Thanks for this reply.
    It would be indeed a great idea to add the format functionality in the Preference panel.

10. LouCioccio

LouCioccio Registered Member

I did the uninstall and re-install but it did not work for me (RE: Disk Utility) I am running Beta (15E27e) of El Capitan. Not a biggie for me as I formatted NTFS windows hard drive in terminal and am familiar with terminal commands.
    Lou Cioccio

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.