NTFS Drive Is Recognized But Read-Only

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by atrain01us, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atrain01us

atrain01us Registered Member

Hi,

Hi all,

I just installed the v9.5 driver on my Mac Pro and got the system to recognize an external ntfs drive. The problem is that the drive is not showing up in the system preferences of available ntfs partitions.

I am running OSX 10.6.8.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Arthur

2. opsec

opsec Registered Member

I had a similar issue. Differences are I am running Lion 10.7.2, and my Paragon NTFS driver was 8.0.0. Additionally, it was the pre-packaged driver that came with my Seagate GoFlex 1TB USB 2.0/3.0 drive (which I understand only works with Seagate drives, which is fine by me, if it worked).

Anyhow, same case. Would mount and I can READ ONLY, but no write access. The solution for me was to remove (via install package remover program) the NTFS 8.0.0 driver and do a reboot. Afterwards I visited Paragon's site and downloaded their most recent 9.5.1 driver (trial version). Install and reboot. Plug in my drive and wham, bam thank you ma'm it's working!

I may have to pay $20 for the license, but I am calling Paragon next week to see if I can get a free license to use with my Seagate drive since the version they (Seagate) included didn't work and obviously Seagate paid for at some time to bundle with the drive. It may or may not go well from the $ side. But functionality is there (currently copying files as I type this).

So you may try a removal, download the most recent and reinstall for a solution.

Doing a bit of research, I understand pre-Lion installs could probably use the FREE NTFS-3G driver. Google for more info.

3. atrain01us

atrain01us Registered Member

Hi,

I went back to the v8.0 driver which recognized the ntfs drive with no problem. I don't plan to upgrade anymore unless the issues with v9.5.1 are fixed at this point in time.

Arthur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.