NS Keylogger in Spywareblaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TOADFROG, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

LOL Carver - well, I'm not really sure what happened then. Maybe instead of deleting the file, MSAS just copied it? (this could remain a mystery) :ninja:

In the meanwhile, you can check the information of the file to ensure it's the correct file and it's in tact. Navigate to the SpywareBlaster folder and right-click on the file unins000.exe and choose 'Properties'. And check the Size: 625KB, Version: 51.34.0.0, Description: Setup/Uninstall, etc.

Regards,

snap

2. airhorny

airhorny Guest

MS Spyware found it in mine also (4/21/05) I had updated spywareblaster on the 12th. Somethings up.

3. GDarko

GDarko Guest

updated microsoft anti-spyware and guess what NS kelogger is not in the unistaller part of spyware blaster. I was really worried about this find by microsoft anti-spyware, as i have used spyware blaster since it was created. Sorry i ever douted such a noble, and trust worthy organisation like yours.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi everyone,

It seems as though Microsoft Anti-Spyware (beta) may continue to flag this false detection until you update both the MS AS program and the definitions.

Other users have recommended uninstalling your current version of Microsoft Anti-Spyware, downloading it again from Microsoft, and installing the latest beta version. Then make sure you've also updated it to the latest definitions.

Or you could always reconsider using beta software. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. ps1

ps1 Guest

Just passing through and found answers to ALL my q's about that supposed "keylogger" file. THANKS to Wilders and JavaCool!!! ps

6. patermann

patermann Registered Member

Although there are thousands of application programs, there are only a handful of "installer" programs. The three most commonly used are InstallShield, Wise and Inno Setup (Microsoft Setup is actually a variant of InstallShield). Any program that uses Inno Setup for installation (like Javacool's software) will have an unins000.exe file for uninstalling. Wise uses unwise.exe (!) and InstallShield uses uninst.exe (usually in the WINDOWS/WINNT directory) with a *.isu file in the program directory.

HTH

patermann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.