NPF 2004 and Quicken 2003 Problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by GRUB, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRUB

GRUB Registered Member

Need help...I upgraded six weeks ago from NPF 2002 to NPF 2004, and now I have problems with my Quicken For Windows 2003 Online Center.

When I am downloading banking transactions Quicken Online Center will 'freeze' requiring me to use my WinXP Task Manager to End Task. If I disable NPF 2004 the problem goes away...If I re-enable NPF 2004 the problem returns.

Symantec Helpdesk has been effectively unresponsive. I have sent them three sets of log files...no response. I have run LiveUpdate several times...no change.

On the Personal Firewall Application/Rule window for Quicken is the statement "This application is from a known company (Intuit). There is no autoconfiguration information for this application. This application does not have a valid digital signature or the digital signature is corrupt."

All Quicken executables are set for 'Permit All'.

Suggestions and advice appreciated...

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi GRUB

... and welcome to Wilders :)

Anything in your logs to indicate what, if anthing, is being blocked? Pay attention to the Content Blocking and Privacy logs as well for content on the sites that may be required for full functionality that NIS may be blocking.

NIS blocks referer information by default and this could be one setting you would want to change by adding the site to your list and allowing this.

This is something you should consider modifying, but lets see if you can get everything at the site working first.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. GRUB

GRUB Registered Member

Excuse my ignorance....but this is NPF not NIS....how do I "add this site to my list".

Is the lack of a valid digital signature of significance..??

Secondly...NPF 2004 has email scanning that apparently can not be disabled. I believe it is conflicting with my resident McAfee VirusScan 7.0. Since NPF 2004 install I have to resend 30-40% of my email.Thoughts??

I am seriously considering uninstalling NPF and going to the free version of ZoneAlarm. Thoughts??

Thanks

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

The fiirewall is the same, NIS also has NAV.

Options > Web Content
    http://www.gpick.com/agnisrules/pages/settings/settings_pg14.html might help you with the settings for referer, or you could just enable it globally.

Anything in your content blocking and privacy logs?

Have you disabled it under Options > Email?

That is entirely up to you and what you are most comfortable with and works best for you.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.