Now for a little post on the bright side

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by IcePanther, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

I've been testing ESS since Beta1 stage, and must say I'm pretty pleased at how this RC turns out. All the bugs i've mentioned in the past regarding beta 2 (active mode problem with .7z archives, firewall view not keeping its settings, long email processing times...) are now gone with this version, also the new GUI improvements are nice. Everything seems to function as it should, and if the RAM usage is a bit heavier than with older versions, it's still perfectly OK, and the CPU/network resource usage is very light compared to other "all in one" solutions. The firewall works nicely too, and it's nice to be able to use a light and functional IPv6 firewall (now that I run Vista -not by choice but...).

So, nice progress done. I understand there are still issues with other configurations, ans some little bugs remain to be ironed out (I had a bug with a firewall prompt that wouldn't close and had to terminate egui.exe, that happened only once and no problems since that), but I must say, that if I sometimes report bugs here, the product seems more and more polished, so I only wanted to congratulate ESET and the dev team on their work.

(hey, you can't be negative everyday !)

2. gH0StrId3R

gH0StrId3R Registered Member

me 2....:D

Great thing u've developed ppl the ESS and Nod32!!!!

was really surprised when i saw it for the first time :D

u ppl r da best :D

3. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I would echo your sentiments. I've been testing since b1 and my only real critisism is the way ESET staff appear to dismiss or ignore some issues that are raised.

I'm sure they take note and try to remove the bugs but a little more effort of the 'appearing helpful' front would make people feel more appreciated.

4. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I second your motion, I've been testing since Beta 2 and this RC is one good piece of code. Yesterday I tested it against every port scanner I know on the web and everything showed up Stealth.
    It has also been running pretty low on resourses, only two minutes of CPU time on a 30 hour session of PC time, very impressive for a Security Suite.

One drawback only, the firewall's Hard Coded Rules, it would be great if Eset would let us edit them, don't you think??

5. Rolmos

Rolmos Registered Member

I agree with the comments on ESS, I have seen most of the important bugs taken care of with RC1. I find the GUI as a necessary step forward to attract other users that look for a good looking, intuitive GUI. The resource usage is still very low compared to other suites. The firewall works great on Vista for the average user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.