Nov. 8 Update Problem

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Vietnam Vet, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hello everyone, tried update, but it tells me database is already up to date. This will occasionally happen to me, so no big deal, downloaded file manually, installed, restarted TDS, but this time no change. Shows same stats as yesterday's update. Anyone else having this problem? Just trying to see if this is unique to me or a problem with the update. TIA.

2. linney

linney Registered Member

This mornings update was not required as Database already updated. Wouldn't worry about it. I guess sometimes TDS-3 just gets ahead of the Trojan writers. There will be one out after the weekend no doubt.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Same here, the total is still 19227 references, was surprised too but will look again next monday.

4. Vietnam Vet

Thanks for replies. Noticed a couple of posts in the update posting as well, so at least I know it's not just my computer.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the meantime IM/PM-ed Gavin at both forums, it's weekend, but if he's able to he will do what he can when he's around.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And it's solved again, happy updating! Enjoy the weekend!

7. Vietnam Vet

Thanks Jooske, for your perseverance, and to DiamondCS for the quick repair.

8. Carbonette

Carbonette Guest

Hi,
    I've just tried to update (Nov 11th) and got the message that update aborted as database already up to date.
    However, the last time my database was updated was Oct 5th!!!

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Carbonette,

Are you running an (outdated) trial version? Have a look at the attached screen shot - updated minutes ago.

regards.

paul

Attached Files:

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you go to the http://tds.diamondcs.com.au site, downloads and grab the latest radius3 file there, put it in the TDS directory and start or reload TDS, which is the total references you get then?
    It should be today the total from Paul's screenshot.

11. Carbonette

Carbonette Guest

Thanks Jooske - d/loaded directly and that sorted it.

12. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Carbonette - just came in here looking to see if anyone else had trouble updating TDS-3 also, and like your's, my update database showed as 13-10-2002 on my Win98se and TDS-3 aborted the update saying it was up-to-date. Just minutes earlier i had updated TDS-3 on my XP and it showed 15-11-2002.

so i did what Jooske advised too and got the radius3 file and d/l'ed it into TDS-3 folder, opened TDS-3 and it showed the right database update. :)

i am wondering if it might be older .dll files that could be causing TDS-3 not to update like that? i do have two files that are 1 version below the required .dll files for TDS-3....just a thought.

regards,
    snap

13. Vietnam Vet

Hi snapdragin, occasionally I will get the update aborted message and normally it simply requires a manual download and install. Recall Gavin saying this message should only be able to appear when you are trying to download from a server that has the same file you already have. To me, this would indicate that for whatever reason, that particular server is not offering the new file at that moment. If this is the case, you could try one of the other servers on the list. In my case, I will just do the manual method because it's not that big a deal to me. The nice thing is that if there is a bigger problem, DCS will quickly fix it and all we have to do is post to let them know. :)

14. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You might like to make sure to have the most recent update mirrors with grabbing the update.cfg (zip) and putting this in the TDS directory overwriting the excisting one (euhmmm i'd copy or rename the existing one just in case) and see if this helps.
    At times we are all together so quick in choosing our moment for updating, we might be sometimes earlier then all the mirrors are updated.

For the required system files, i would not expect that to be part of this problem, as we all have it these days. But you might like to try to replace the older files with the newer versions (also here copy or rename the exsisting ones just to be sure)

I am used to d/l only once and manually copy the radius to another pc via the network, so if that other one could have update problems, i don't know, as the current one is shown all times at start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.