Notification of image creation failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AlanCulshaw, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanCulshaw

AlanCulshaw Registered Member

I have a customer who has true image server installed. Each day I have a scheduled image of his main drive and put it on a large secondary drive. After the image is created I rename the image to "dayoftheweek.tib", after deleting the previous "dayoftheweek.tib" for that day of the week. Thus there is one file for day of the week (eg friday.tib, monday.tib etc). The second drive can handle 5 days of images.

However one day last week for some reason it exceeded the capacity of the drive and therefore True Image did not complete and was waiting for me to answer a question. So the next night the 5 days older "dayoftheweek.tib" was deleted etc, until all "dayoftheweek.tib's" were deleted. In the meantime true image was still waiting for me to answer a question and thus the next nights backup didnt start.

I am remote to the site and I am responsible for a number of different servers with different customers using different backup strategies. I can logon into the site and check the status (which in the short term is what I will be doing).

My question is, Is there anyway True Image can notify me by email that a scheduled backup is waiting for an answer before it proceeds so that I can logon to the server and correct the situation? I have now asked it to notify me by email when successful but, I would rather be notified if unsuccessful.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AlanCulshaw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image Server doesn't send a notification of the image creation failure. However, as a workaround you may set it to send you notification of image creation success so if something happens you will not get a notification and it will let you know that image creation has failed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.