notification in browser

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by maaster, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

1)previously when using ESS 5 if I clicked a malicious URL ,I would get a message in web browser indicating that URL is blocked but now in ESS 6 RC the malicious links are blocked but there are no notifications in browser but the notifications come above the taskbar like the ones after the successful updates.....Is there a change in this setting or for me only it happens like this?

2)is it possible to enable parental control for adminstrator accounts ?if enabled will the websites be blocked according to the selected categories?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is likely because you don't have your browser set to work in active mode. In that case, only a bubble notification will appear.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. However, users with administrator rights will be able to circumvent Parental control.

3. maaster

1)then i am using google chrome...how to change it to active mode?
    2)Even when I set the password in ESS 6 will the users with adminstrator rights can be able to bypass parental control restrictions?

4. maaster

now I have tried setting parental control....when a website is blocked it shows notification in the browser....but when i disable the parental control and tried to access a site I get only ballon notifications!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.