Nothing is updating : /

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by MrJay, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJay

MrJay Registered Member

Hi
    I am experiencing major issues with updating my anti-virus Database.
    We have 130+ computers and 6 servers running NOD32

All of the server additions are installing updates properly but the 130 odd other machines are failing to update.

The admin console states that on the 16/10/2009 they all failed to receive the latest Virus Signature Database and as a result the protection for those machines is impaired.

All the client machines are running 3.0.684

We are running fully up to date server and console versions (3.1.15)

I’ve tried local installs, windows updates, pushing the updates from the server and they will not update!

Any ideas guys n' galls?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you update clients via the internal ERA HTTP server or via Windows shares? If the former, does pointing clients to update from a Windows share make a difference?

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

What version of definitions are loaded on the server and what happens if you try to manually fire off an update event there?

If I get a stuck update, usually my first course of action is to stop the ESET RA service, delete the contents of Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\updfiles and \mirror, then start the service again and force an update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.