Nothing happening

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by backmeup, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backmeup

backmeup Registered Member

I purchased True Image 7 five days ago and immediately had problems creating an image. I have requested email support twice and forwarded a copy of the report generated by the Acronis utility but so far have had no reply whatsoever - not very reassuring!
    I am able to follow the image creation wizard all the way through, but when I finally select Proceed, nothing happens. I have tried a destination on an external firewire drive and on the C drive but nothing works. I have waited up to three quarters of an hour just in case it needs time, but still nothing happens. I've searched this forum for ideas but so far nothing has worked. Has anybody had and resolved this problem?

2. TD76

TD76 Guest

I've had the same thing happening to me recently. When I first bought True Image though, everything was working fine. I was able to make backups several times until one day I was doing what I usually do, but nothing happened. True Image is supposed to start right away, but nothing was happening.

I tried reinstalling the program, and that worked. I was able to backup two more times, but today I have the same problem again. Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?

3. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I don't know if this helps but in TI7, things would halt at proceed for me. Nothing happened after this. Prior to that, it functioned fine and one day; this. I found that the Startup items for it had disappeared, causing this, and an uninstall and reinstall put them back and it functioned again.

4. jdanniel

jdanniel Registered Member

I'm having the same problem also, with True Image 8.

When I click PROCEED, nothing happens. I noticed the status bar says "No Backup Started."

This is obviously a common problem, so my advice for Acronis is to add troubleshooting tips for this to their FAQ section.

Jd

5. DRW

DRW Guest

I installed True Image 8 today (obtained sw by internet download), and same problem. I initially was trying to backup to DVD. With no progress there, I tried writing to hard drive. Still no progress. Pretty frustrating! I hope we get an answer soon.

6. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

The first thing I would suggest is that you COMPLETELY uninstall and then reinstall TI. Secondly, read the thread titled "My Backup/Restore Procedures With TI" (probably on Page 2 or 3 of the thread list) and insure that ALL of the conditions are met that are described in the first section of the procedure.

7. backmeup

backmeup Registered Member

I eventually got support from Acronis and for the moment I have a work around solution for my system which seems to be working fine. I was asked to run a file called schedhlp.exe, which is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Scedule2 folder, before running True Image. This solved the problem, so for the moment I've got a shortcut to this file in the Startup folder so that it runs when Windows starts. I hope this is useful to some of you at least.

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

If you are running XP make sure Task scheduler service is running + scheduled service for Acronis. I have been using TI7 without issue but had disabled the scheduler running when I wasn't backing up. I tried to use TI yesterday and wondered why the backup did not start. I then remembered the services - set this to auto and started the service - backup ran as per usual after this. HTH

9. dp

dp Registered Member

That file should already be loaded from the HKLM/Run key at boot. At least that is how v7.0 is on this particular WinME machine. Sounds like an installation problem to me.

10. fall4her

fall4her Registered Member

I encounted the same problem yesterday. I stopped the schedule2 service before I tried to creat image. Later, it popped up a message which reminded me to start that service. However, even after I had started it, AT8 halted when I clicked the "process" botton. I restored a previous image, but it doesn't function either. Now, I am waiting for the reply from the tech-support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.