Not Worth The Money It Costs

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Regardless of whatever replies this brings, With every reboot to anonother snapshot, or should I say attempted reboot, this piece of crap always results in the same thing. NTLR missing or ~ missing or FDISR cannot start with Blah! blah! blah!. So! All you worshippers or want to be experts on this program go right ahead, and tell me I did something wrong! BOLLOCKS! you mean something wrong like start my PC in the morning? or shut it down at night? cause thats all that I've done, no reg cleaners, no disk cleaners, no tweaks, nothing! Just restart, shutdown or startup. install and reinstall time after time results in the same ****! And what happens if I want to reboot to secondary snapshot? FDISR cant start NTLDR missing or ~ missing. On contacting Raxco, I was informed that this is something that will eventually happen, Well Out it goes never to return...I anxiously waited nearly 1 hour the otherday for it to even pass its preboot stage, and My systems fine, not a single error, conflict with drivers or anything, so it not that cause.

Edit: As you may have guessed, I'm in a pissed mood with it at the moment, and not going to entertain crap replies :p

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Sorry to hear your troubles DVD+R, and am afraid I cannot even guess where to begin with that problem! The only time I encountered that message was when there was no operating system in the snapshot I was booting to. It does seem worrying that the best Raxco could come up with was
    Since I have been using it for almost a year now that would suggest an occurrence of this is right around the corner :ouch:
    Quick search on the web came up with these general ntldr probs, although there's a lot about it nothing much related to fdisr that I could see,

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/12/ntldr-is-missing-press-any-key-to-restart/

http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well slight problem there tradetime, #1 I'm using Windows Vista and #2 I dont have a floppy drive on my PC :( Its still hugely dissapointing that I didnt get much more help from raxco, and I'm beginning to wonder what wear and tear FDISR has on a computer, judging by their comment, sure to happen eventually o_O

Makes me more pissed as I'm midway through ICA30299 Certificate III in Information Technology (General). And the last thing I need is to loose my stuff

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I am still, after three years, waiting for that to happen. I have not used Vista for so long so I cant say if it will happen too me.
    If it was something fundamentally wrong in the FDISR code I guess there would be more reports about your problem.
    I guess you have been around here long enough to learn that there is not a single software that runs without problems in every possible computer setup there is. it is not nice to find out that you are one of the relatively few that has the problem, but thats life. Maybe ask for a refund? it is after all a really expencive software so I understand you disappointment. Call me a worshipper if you feel you must, but that goes with any software.

I have learnt that you dont have to do anything wrong, FDISR is a pretty straight forward software - just install and run ime, but other software you have used (registry leftovers?) or are using may not play well with FDISR. My experience, since I install and uninstall alot, is that FDISR handle pretty much everything I throw at it. If I had your problems I would do a reformat and install windows again, and if the problem still persist before I have filled windows with all the software I usually use, I would conclude something not playing well with my hardware.

If you really have need for a ISR you could try EAZ-FIX. I am testing v.8.1 and so far (3 weeks) it seems reliable in my evironment. Lots of people have used EA or RB for along time without problems, I had really bad problems with v.7.21 that made me loose confidence totally in the EAZ-FIX concept but decided to give it another try after a couple of years.

*edit* spelling

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  5. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

wow, i am amazed that they said that "it will happen" >_<

rule number one of customer service, never admit your product has problems. just make sure to fix it as soon as possible and compensate instead..

6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Well, FDISR doesnt exist anymore so they dont have to obey those rules. ;)

7. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

DVD+R, I had the same '~ missing.' After that I could make another snap shot, load an OS but as soon as I rebooted everything was corrupt, resulted with an empty pre boot screen (with a few random chars on the screen.)
    In the end I opted to go back to an image backup, btw don't agree with the title.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm. I too have been running FDISR for a long time, although not under Vista.

Note that if you don't have an active maintenance contract at this time, you will most likely not receive any support from Raxco at this point.

DVD+R I'd love to know who or how you were told that. If you'd care to PM me that information, great. Just please don't post it.

Pete

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Exactly the problem...I was told there wasent any support because my licence wasnt a Raxco licence, but a licence that HDS had aquired at the time they took over FDISR. HDS now only do technical support for their FDISR-Rescue. As for the name of the person. thats another story, when I called Raxco direct I was passed about to several departments like a Yo-Yo, and it wasent a cheap call to the US either. Anyway, I have 2 options.. reinstall windows (Again) or just forget about it, and use something other..Still not thrilled about it either way.

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay, well that makes sense. Initially there were 3 distributors. Raxco would only support a license they sold, so no they wouldn't support an HDS license. Afraid calling them would have been a total waste. They probably had no idea what to do with you as you hadn't purchased from them.

You might put in an HDS ticket about the problem as they would be providing support.

Pete

11. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi DVD+R,

This was not caused by FD-ISR. Probably the ntldr file was corrupted or deleted during the shutdown. Even if it sounds crasy it can happen even on an ntfs partition. I have seen this with windows 2000 and windows xp.

but it can be resolved quite easily. Just use an xp cd to extract the ntldr file or you can use the one that i attach here in the ntldr.

Just copy the file ntldr.log, eliminate the extension and copy the ntldr in c:\ . After that reboot your system. ;)

Panagiotis

Attached Files:

12. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

HI all,
    I also can confirm DVD+ R's experience. On three occasions and on a simple reboot, I had nothing and no message. This occurred over a period of 3 months.

I used Disk Director to see what had happened, and it appeared that the complete partition had been deleted. I then used ATI to resurrect a stored image. I put the experience down to my own fault. But those 3 wipeouts concerned me. Hence, I asked the question about Shadowuser.

In my case, my computer went to post and then just hung: no explanation, nothing. I did try to fix MBR in vain.

I am still perplexed: yet I am assured by DVD+R's experience that FD-ISR "might" reveal a fault under a particular set of circumstance. Interesting!!

Marserobert

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I've not experienced the NTLR missing scenario whilst using FD-ISR, but then I ain't using Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.