Not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ankupan, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Open the command prompt in XP. See if you can ping the update servers and get a reply. You can also run tracert from the command prompt to see if you can get to the servers.
    If all is well there, another program such as a firewall is preventing the program from getting updates.

2. Darken

Darken Registered Member

Same problem with trial version installed on 3 computers (2 XP & 1 Vista). No problematic firewall and no problem to ping any eset's servers. :)

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  4. ggiannis

ggiannis Registered Member

I have the same problem. The problem started two days ago. I checked each server manually. However I cannot take the new updates.Why?

5. VIPOR1

VIPOR1 Registered Member

DITTO

6. Darken

Darken Registered Member

7. richo

richo Registered Member

Obviously the trial version is not updating. If there is a reaon for this, ESET should let people know. Given that people base the decision whether or not to purchase NOD32 on the performance of the trial version, this is very poor business sense.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  8. BigBear67

BigBear67 Registered Member

I too have the trial version and am not receiving updates. I have 15 days left in my trial period. I have NOD32 on my laptop, which had been powered off for the past two days. However, when I powered it up tonight it would not update from 2261. I tried manual updates, and it would say I had the most recent version, even though that version was dated 5/11. I had it set to "Choose Automatically".

I tried a few other servers and kept getting the same thing...not an error message, it just said I already had the current version. Finally, I changed the database to one of the numbered ones in the list ( 89.202.157.138 ) and it worked, it gave me 2272.

I'm not sure why that one would work, but give it a try if you're experiencing this problem, maybe it will work for you.

I've been very impressed by the software in the first 2 weeks and planned to purchase it for all the machines in my home office. In fact, yesterday I *did* purchase a 4-licence pack which I intend to resell to a client of mine. But this little glitch has me a bit concerned. I'm not going to install this on client's machines if it's not dependable.

I'm quite curious if this is a glitch, or this is just new policy. Not protecting people adequately during a trial period is not a great marketing decision, if that's what it is.

9. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I tried with this server too, but not updating.

Now its serious problem and most of trial version user are facing same problem.

10. richo

richo Registered Member

A reply from ESET would be appreciated. I think users of the trial version deserve to know whether or not this will be fixed, or whether thay should look for other protection.

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have downloaded and installed the trial version. It updated automatically after the restart without hitting the Update now button. Do those affected with this issue use the same ISP?

12. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

I have tried updates with three ISP connections, but still unable to get new signatures. Even I have trial another three PC.

First installtion is getting update, but after rebooting, no update.

13. Darken

Darken Registered Member

No :)

14. Darken

Darken Registered Member

Ok...

- Uninstalled Nod32
    - Reboot
    - Installed Nod32
    - Reboot
    - Virus database upgraded to 2266 (same database defenition before manipulation)

Edit: Tested on 2 XP and 1 Vista.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  15. pribo

pribo Registered Member

Same problem here, NOD32 s:blink:cks. :thumbd:
    I think that i install Avast again. o_O

:mad: pribo

16. Darken

Darken Registered Member

Don't forget: Registered users don't have this problem. This problem exist only for trial users.

17. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Marcos, the problem is not ISP-related. Over the past 2-days, a couple of friends with different ISPs running the Trial have called me voicing the same problem (as it was I who recommended they try NOD32)! As a registered user I'm not experiencing it, but it certainly seems it's an Eset problem associated with Trial version updates!

PS. Like your experience with Trial version, my friends' versions were able to automatically update initally (the first week or so after install), but stopped doing that for the past 2-days!

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  18. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We are investigating the issue, it seems it could be ironed out in a couple of minutes.

19. Darken

Darken Registered Member

Thanx. But, i found a better solution: I will buy a license and my problem will be gone. :D

20. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I just removed the trial from my desktop. Last night I removed it from my notebook. This is not the first time something like this happened with Nod32. I tried it a couple of years ago and it was the same story.

What gets me is the unwillingness of the powers that be to accept that anything is wrong, at least for several days. Yeah, it must be your ISP, registry cleaner, firewall, or a hack of the 30 day timer that did it.

21. Darken

Darken Registered Member

Hummm, strange. Nod32 updated on all my computers to latest database virus definition automatically.

22. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

I just received a phone call from one of my friends using the NOD32 Trial, she was elated that it finally updated just a few minutes ago.

Marcos, thank you for curing the problem - Trial version updates now seem to be working!

23. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Okay, finally NOD32 on my computer was able to update today. Seems like a problem was resolved just a while ago. I wonder what has been fixed from NOD's side...

24. gjmveloso

gjmveloso Registered Member

Only numbers-based servers are working...

Eg. 89.202.157.XXX

The uXX.eset.com servers dont work...

Marcos, please tell us what happening? This problem are really fixed? Some years ago some users had the same problem. Its related with advanced heuristics update? Version 1.059(20070517) update occours today too...

Thanks

25. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Leave it on "Choose Automatically" and everything should be back to normal.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.