Not updating for trial, says wrong username and password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Scrouge, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrouge

Scrouge Registered Member

Hi, I am using the 30 day trial which I downloaded less than a week ago and as of an hour ago it has stopped updating saying the username and password is wrong, I am using the same username and password which was given to me when I installed it.

~Info removed~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Scrouge,

If you download from an ESET site, you won't need a password to use the trial.

3. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Same thing happened here, i rebooted
    and it's fine now.

4. Scrouge

I did download it from ESET.

Thanks I will try rebooting.

5. Scrouge

I rebooted and it did not work still.

6. TouchuvGrey

Now the message is back, i also
    downloaded from the ESET site.

:(

7. Scrouge

It must be there servers, cant be a local problem.

8. steviegal

steviegal Registered Member

Same problem here, my trial expires on 19th Jan 2008 after which I intend to buy, does this mean I will have to purchase earlier than end of trial to get over this problem?

9. CarlB

CarlB Former Eset Employee

The trial downloads for the 3.0.x products are same program as the retail downloads, but come preloaded with a trial license.

As of today it seems the trial license is expired and has not been updated, I would expect that to get corrected pretty soon.

10. Martin2000

Martin2000 Registered Member

Me and my friend is same problem. Please help me out o_O

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is being worked on and will be rectified soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

12. NaurisK

NaurisK Registered Member

I had the same problem so I decided to use login/pass info from another machine that has purchased NOD32 license valid till March and isn`t in use, thinking that I`d purchase another license once that machine is in use again. However, I got the same "invalid login" response, so I started thinking-
    is my license so easily transferable as simply using another login? Or is it somehow tied to the old PC hardware in some way? Did I just screw up?

13. Link

Link Registered Member

For trial users, eset give free 30 days license (username and pass), I think this method solve problem all users.

14. Slochy

Slochy Registered Member

I think my problem fits in here, because I emailed your support three weeks ago and didn't get any response yet. I just don't feel that my issue needs a thread of its own.

Before Christmas, I've bought a german computer magazine named "c't" which included a one-year-license for NOD32 Antivirus, redeemable until the end of January 2008. So I've entered the code from that magazine and got an email back giving me a username and password. The problem is: It does not work and gives me an invalid user account error message instead.

As mentioned above, I've sent a mail to the Eset support team and didn't get any reply yet. Is there anybody around here who could help me out or do you guys simply not care at all because I didn't have to pay the full price for a license? This is not intended to sound rude, seriously, it's just that whenever I contacted your support team before, they've helped me out pretty fast within a day or two.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  15. Clemenza

Clemenza Registered Member

Hi... same thing here... getting wrong un/password error in trial... after trying many different things, now I have no username or password at all (it was something like eavtrial48 before)...
    I see that it is being worked on the problem, so I will check this thread tomorow...

I was planning to buy NOD32 AV after my trial expires however now I am not so sure about it... does things like this happen often? And I wonder how long time it will take them to solve it... no offense lads!

16. TouchuvGrey

Seems to be fixed here now. Thank you Marcos.

17. piranha

piranha Registered Member

buy it ! I've got NOD32 since several years and never had problem with update. EAV is really good, it's the best ! Low footprint, low price, high security, no false positive, :thumb:

18. mediamute

mediamute Registered Member

For me, it's still not working.

I was thinking about buying NOD32 after the trial, but I'm not sure if fixing a login problem to update takes so long... It's been 2.5 days since Marcos posted here.

Once the problem is fixed, maybe Marcos can explain what the cause of the problem was, and if this is something we could expect with a regular licensed version as well?

19. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no problem updating EAV/ESS trial versions. Could you please submit a support request using the integrated support form so that we can check if your username and password haven't been tampered with?

20. mediamute

mediamute Registered Member

Well, there shure WAS a problem updating the EAV trial. I did submit a support request, which was answered pretty quickly :) It said the trial username had expired, which was something that needed to be fixed on your side.

I just downloaded the trial version again, it has a different username so even though it's still installing as I type, I'm sure it has been fixed now. Also, this doesn't sound like something that would happen to a regular license, so after the trial, you can count on another customer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.