Not receiving email notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by JackDinn, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackDinn

JackDinn Registered Member

i have my email address set right
    i have set my settings to instant notification
    i have done a test in the test section

but i just don't seem to be able to get my email notifications, for subscribed threads or PM`s

any ideas, it`s really frustrating

thx all
    Jack.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It's a known issue with your email service provider. No one using that email service gets reply notifications or PM alerts, and there is nothing we can do about it from this end. (It's a miracle that forum join notifications make it through their spam filtering. And no, there are no settings you can change in their spam configuration to get these messages either. They are blocked further up the food chain there, I'm afraid.)

The best we can advise is to get a free email service account, like a hotmail, gmail or yahoo account, and use that in your profile instead.

3. JackDinn

JackDinn Registered Member

well yea i did get my account activation email which is y i could not figure it out,

and i get my forgot PW email if i ask 4 1 as i tried several times

but im with u , it`s dam AOL being to over the top with it`s filters

i already have many other free email accounts but haven't had need to use them for any other forums yet, however i will change for this one.

ok chears.

Jack

p.s. i am guna complain to AOL , just love complaining to them as they dont know there ass from there elbow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.