Not Protected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hitbit, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitbit

hitbit Registered Member

Hi There,
    I have just installed " SpywareBlaster" and there appears to be a problem with protection. This may or may not be related to problems being reported by others on this forum so I am posting my own problem in hope that someone can kindly assist me.
    Internet Explorer Protection is enabled 0 Items have protection disabled.
    Restricted Items Protection is enabled 1025 items have protection disabled
    The "protection disabled" items have no ticks in their checkboxes and the text appears in red. Many of the "protection disabled" sites are Coolwebsearch, others are Sexodial, Adultlink and Claria - Gator etc etc.
    I am particularly surprised by the "protection disabled" status of the Coolwebsearch sites as several other Coolwebsearch sites have "protection enabled" status.
    I am running XP Home Media Centre with all relevant updates installed, IE 6,
    SpyBot, SpySweeper, CounterSpy, CCleaner, WormGuard, TrojanHunter, McAfee AV and FireWall. All programmes and definitions are up to date as of today 25th February 06 22.00hrs GMT.

Hitbit

2. hitbit

hitbit Registered Member

Hi Guys,
    Please ignore the request for help. I did as suggested here and disabled the IE shield in my SpySweeper then hit the enable all protection in SpywareBlaster. This appears to have has solved the problem and nothing is being flagged as having protection disabled. I have now re-enabled the IE Shield in SpySweeper and will have to live with repeating the process when updating SpywareBlaster. In the meantime I will contact WebRoot and discuss this matter with them. I will hold off subscribing to the auto-updates until I have more info.

hitbit.:rolleyes:

3. steveke

steveke Registered Member

Hitbit-

I have Spysweeper and do not have this problem-after the last program update, because of autoupdate problems in Spywareblaster and Ewido caused by Spysweeper-I had to do a reinstall of Spysweeper-by uninstalling-restart-installing-restart-have not had enabling problems since.

As far as Autoupdate in Spywareblaster-I am still having problems with Spysweeper-it will only work if I have restarted my computer prior to coming online. My Ewido works fine now.

I will be curious to see what Spysweeper tells you on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.